Friday, September 10, 2010

Far East

Home now - need to find time to collate my notes into a proper posting.

In the meantime - here is the first presentation I put together for my students on the subjects of the trip:


I am leaving GR in a few minutes as a part of delegation of American jewelry scholars and makers in China. Mary Lee Hu is leading a troupe of us across the continent to visit design schools, practitioners, and tribal areas over the next 10 days. I have been looking for an opportunity to travel to China, Korea, Japan, or Vietnam since grad school - and am really excited to be able to share my work with, and experience their history and present. Not sure if I will be able to blog much on my trip, but I'll try.




Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Or browse them yourself at http://www.flickr.com/photos/optilevers/sets/72157624923414996/with/4990881183/


So blogspot seemed to be unavailable in China... Just getting to the US now. Too much to say about China, the trip, the people I travelled with, etc. It was a great experience, and I am very glad I went. Working on a presentation about the creation of the Miao bubble necklace for my students...will try to update later.

Location:Terminal Dr SE,Grand Rapids,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment